Sunday, October 03, 2010
Busy Beyond Busy

From the time the school year started all the way to now I have literally been more busy than I have been in my entire life. My calender on my phone looks completely absurd. For the month of both September and October I LITERALLY have something scheduled on every single day. It's frustrating really. Looking forward to nothing but stress-releaving games coming out throughout the semester and playing DND every Sunday. Well...every Sunday for the last month anyway. At this point unfortunately there's not going to be any DND for a good handful of weeks. Why? Because I have to work all day each weekend day for the next three weekends. This is completely fucked up. It's also kinda fucking up my social like and my time with Elizabeth. But that's a story for another time really. But on to more trivial things!
Currently I'm really enjoying Castle Crashers with the guys when I have the chance. That game is pretty damn awesome fun. I've been spending time unlocking stuff so we have more interesting options when we get back to playing. On that note, it works REALLY really well with online on the PS3 so if there's anyone that wants to play anytime just let me know.
I've also finally played through borderlands. GREAT game, can't say I'm really enjoying the second playthr0ugh all that much yet, as I haven't really found that many weapons that are clearly better than what I had with the first play-through. I'm really itching to play the game co-op again, but really haven't had the chance in probably over a year. Sucks :P
I'm also really excited about the 3DS. Nintendo finally making a console with the hardware punch to match and beat some of the competitors? I'm fucking in for that. I mean, have you SEEN some of the video on what that hardware can do? And then do it in 3D WITHOUT glasses? I read a comment somewhere today that Japan was basically going the way of portables only. That's a really interesting idea and I think I might be in for it, then again I'm completely in love with my PS3 so I'm not sure I could handle that. Anyway, just musing.
So since we last talked, I got my white belt in Kung Fu. It was actually pretty easy, but at the same time I had to work hard to get it. I'm quite a bit older than a large number of students at that school. Actually there are MANY days when I'm the oldest in the class. Luckily, I don't LOOK like the oldest, but I'm working hard. Though I gotta start working harder if I'm going to keep Elizabeth because evidently my back is "disgusting" with fat. I disagree, but that's another story for another time.
I've got three really great renters in here currently and my friend is about to sell his house and possibly move in. That would be totally awesome, but I'll have to kick a renter out...I'm thinking it'll be the dude that makes my entire house smell like pot because he literally can't go a day without smoking it in his car as he rides around the block. Yeah, that sounds like a good choice. ;)
Well, what occupies my time a lot these days is really just me thinking about being away from everyone and not really having much of a life right now. Sure I'm busy, but that's doesn't mean I enjoy all the things I'm having to do. I think someone said a little while ago that I can't say "no". Honestly? I think I'm learning how. This just isn't something that I'm really enjoying and it's really taking it's toll on everything I've got. I mean, this weekend I had one of my standard nightmares. I was at a party with all my friends and having a great time. Everything was totally cool and completely without stress. Then I woke up. I basically spent the entire morning trying to get back. I only have nightmares like that when I'm really really stressed out. We'll see what comes out in the wash and what's still around when it's all over.
Tommy "hopes everything will be ok, but knows lots of other people have it worse" Schubert
Comments:
Post a Comment