Wednesday, June 08, 2011
I Would Rather Not
Lots of crazy shit has happened to me this school year. I directed a play, was in a play and performed some of my stories for the public. I've spent almost a year with the same girl. I've had the best renters ever. I've learned a little kung fu. I've resigned myself to getting a second masters. Those are just the peaks.Lot of visits planned this summer. Moen comes in tomorrow. Friedmans in a couple weeks. A-kon this weekend. Good handful of people coming to PAX with us in August. A "guys'" trip that's still in the planning stages.
I'm still at the job and I seem to have discovered that I really like and very well might want to stay for quite a while. I'm still with Elizabeth(as I mentioned)...but that's something that's going to have to wait till later to get into. I've played a lot of really great games and a couple that I wish I could erase from my memory. I've barely touched my Wii and made sweet sweet love to my PS3...repeatedly. I've played hundreds of hours of D&D. I've leveled my character all the way to his first paragon class. I've watched friends get divorced, married and just stew in their own juices. I haven't seen any of my friends poop out babies, surprisingly, but it wasn't like they didn't have the opportunity. I've reconnected with an old girlfriend (not THE ex, but still). I reconnected with friends, made new ones and lost a couple.
It's been a pretty big year is what I'm saying. Lots of stuff has happened and NOT happened.
So let's get back to the present. School just ended. It was a bit of a whirlwind. I lost a lot of really good kids that I really care about. I have started right up with AFFD and trying to pull my weight. I've been out for two days and I've already done quite a bit of work. Today was laundry and Kung Fu. Okok...and a bit of Infamous 2. Couple more meetings later this week.
Let me try and get this over with quickly: The Elizabeth thing. It's been complicated. Around December she mentioned that her only friend was moving in the summer and that it would make her very sad. Around January she said she was probably going to be moving when her friend did. We decided to carry on regardless. In March while I was in NYC for spring break with my kids, she calls and mentions she's going to come to NYC for an job interview. This is the first I was hearing about her even looking for a new job. We talked, decided we weren't going to last forever anyway, but decided to hang tight until she left. Assuming it wouldn't take too long. It's obviously been almost 6 months since this all started. My affection has been on hold for the whole time. My heart doesn't get attached when it knows something is leaving. The unfortunate part of this is that my "radar" kicked on about a month ago and Elizabeth has started to get a little more weird than usual. She hasn't been willing to drive to my place, she's gotten weirder about personal hygiene, and she's now completely neglecting her dog's health(physically can't call the dr to even set up an appt). Needless to say, it's nearing it's conclusion.
In other news: E3 is going awesome. I'm looking forward to all kinds of new games. This is gonna be a summer of movies and games. I can just feel it. And if I'm lucky my girlfriend won't commit any acts of self harm after we breakup. I'm being serious.
Alright. Time for a shower inside which I will decide if I'm going to flex the muscle of my PCs new Superclocked GTX 460 1GB or my PS3...or my belly with some dinner. I love you all and hope to see as many of you as I can soon! Expect smaller updates and musings to resume normal schedule.
Tommy "very well might spend his next birthday alone...thank god he'll be at PAX" Schubert
Comments:
Post a Comment