<$BlogRSDURL$>

Saturday, August 20, 2011

Landing Gear 

SO. Landed the "plane" last weekend. Went pretty well actually. I'm really hoping I can turn this one around into another potential Heather. Significantly different circumstances and time distance but I am hoping things might line up for us. I could use another good friend and she could use the alone time to get her life in order. I think things are looking up for both of us.

School starts Monday and I'm nervous. As usual. Whole schedule is changing. Lots of other stuff is changing too. The new principal has already changed the dynamic of the school and school hasn't started yet. Things are changing in general. Lots of things. Kinda nice. Been a while.

Been catching up on Trueblood and Dexter. Catching as many movies as I can before school starts. Finishing as many games as I can before then too. Couple more to complete this weekend. STALKER: Call of Pripyat has been really really good. Not looking forward to finishing it, but I really should. Don't want to finish Duke Nukem but I want to get that steaming pile off my PC before any of the new games see it. It's embarrassing. Oddworld: Stranger's Wrath is another one I need to finish over here. Almost done with it, it's quite good. I'm as the tail end of a downloadable too. Warhammer 40k: Kill Team. Great game. Can't wait to play the companion game, Space Marine, in a couple weeks.

Oh! And I'm really enjoying kung fu again. I committed to another four years, so I better. Right? I've noticed my body changing a lot too actually. Smaller but more toned. Feeling and looking healthy is really nice. Couple other health things I need to deal with and don't intend to talk about here. Things I CAN talk about: right toe and left shoulder and hurting lately. To the point that I'll probably need surgery on both before I'm forty. That's awesome. Can't wait for that one.

I've finished the work on the house (mostly). New shower surround. New toilet. New plumbing and backerboard in the shower. New Asteroids arcade cabinet completing the front room. New curtains and comic cabinet getting the game room ALMOST done. Strangely, the curtains made a huge difference in that room. Significantly cooler and now it's even quieter than the front room!

Here's the quicky on AFFD: It was smoother than last year, but it took a little more outta me. Good festival.

Ok. Time to get some sleep. Tomorrow might be Saturday but I gotta be at work at 9am, but I'm not getting paid for it so that's awesome!

Tommy "Landing planes like a pro" Schubert

Comments: Post a Comment

This page is powered by Blogger. Isn't yours?