<$BlogRSDURL$>

Thursday, February 09, 2012

The Emperor's New Clothes 

We're entering my least favorite time of the year and my most exciting.  Festival season.  Between now and the next six months I have no less than 4 festivals.  All of them are stressful and none of them are anywhere near enough fun to justify the stress.  The problem is that if I want to have a great program I have to do this.  I don't like doing things I have to do.  I think that's fundamental to human nature though, so I don't feel all that bad about those feelings. Emporer

I've been watching a lot of TV lately and not playing a lot of games.  Like almost none.  It's a little weird.  I'm sure I'll get back to it but when I'm under stress I don't play many games.  I usually play them when I'm bored and feeling fine.  Now I'm busy, stressed and have entirely too much on my mind.  I think it's moments like that that I turn to TV and turn away from things I have to interact with.  It's also a time I turn to comics and books.  I've been going with more comics than books lately though...but I think that's probably more to do with my new (awesome!) tablet than anything else.  Comics are absolutely beautiful on it.  It's hard to choose anything else.  Though I HAVE started reading Game of Thrones and it's rather good...just keep getting pulled away by Sandman and now 100 Bullets.

 Some interesting things I've come face to face with lately have been new.  Mel travels a lot and doesn't seem to care about the idea of being gone a week and a half or more.  This could be a problem.  I seem to have a visceral (but undetectable) response.  It's an interesting experience but I imagine no one actually wants to hear something like "I'm going to go on a road-trip across California for a week and a half seeing all kinds of people!  It's gonna be awesome!" when you're not only the one being left behind, you're the one that wasn't invited.  I think at school when someone mentions something like this happening I belittle them for being "butt-hurt" and tell them to get over it.  I should probably take my own advice and go ahead and chalk this up to just being a sensitive baby in love with a stone-cold businesswoman who's madly in love with fluffy things.  Does this count as a first world problem?

I like to think it does.

I also had to have a heart to heart conversation with with a new friend of mine about not texting Melanie in the middle of the night to tell her things like "Goodnight :)" and "You are so awesome!".  It wasn't a pleasant experience.  To clarify: by middle of the night I mean one and three AM.  Grumblecakes.

I'll leave you with that as I get back to the West Wing episode currently in progress.

Tommy "looks good in tight jeans (evidently)" Schubert
(No that's not me, nor are my jeans THAT tight.)



Comments: Post a Comment

This page is powered by Blogger. Isn't yours?