Wednesday, June 20, 2012
Refinance
June has been pretty straightforward. Nothing all that exciting but way too busy. I've been working hard just about every day to get the teaser and the trailer for AFFD put together. Having a little trouble with so many cooks in the kitchen, but I'm managing as best I can.
Visiting the Friedman's was really great. Just what I needed. It's always great seeing Mike and Erin and this visit Gabe was a mostly coherent human being which made things a lot more interesting. It also made me realize that I am DEFINITELY not ready for kids. One thing at a time I think. Though none of my girlfriends have ever believed me, I'm actually in no rush to get married or have kids. Oh well. Not believing the words that come out of my mouth seems to be a theme for my girlfriends.
Mike has lost an insane amount of weight and looks great. Funny what the right intentions and a tub of willpower can do for ya.
Things around the house are actually about to get very interesting here at the beginning of August. Not just because I'll be tuning 34 but because the whole state of the house is about to change.
First: I'll be refinancing the house. The rate I have is around 6% because I bought the house right before the housing bubble burst and the rate we're going to get from the creditor is closer to 3% which would change things a lot. Also, with the new rates and all the other shit going on I should be able to get a light break on my monthly payment. That would be nice.
Second: Matt Zaruba is moving in at the beginning of August. The ultimate plan is to have me, Matt, and someone else (probably Ted) move in. Then we'll turn this place into a home and not just a place I have to share with strangers in order to afford. This is going to probably be the hardest part of the plan. This means I'm going to have to kick someone out this week or next. Not looking forward to it. Though they aren't really roommates they are all good people and I genuinely like them.
Third: When Ted (or someone equally responsible) moves in we'll just have three people in the house. At that point we'll turn the spare room into a second game/TV room. That will make dates a little easier. There's always someone coming into the front room wanting to watch TV or just tag along during dates. Not awesome. We have spare TVs and couches and all kinds of things ready to go. We just need the room open. Most importantly for phase three we'll be sharing more of the house duties. We'll be treating each other like roommates rather than what's going on now. Now I have to pull teeth to get anyone to give a shit about the house. It would be really nice to have someone clean their mess up, or do the dishes, or take out the trash without asking. Also! We're planning on sharing food expenses and cooking for each other. That seems really exciting and could really make a huge deal when it comes to saving money.
Anyway. That's the three tiered plan. Exciting huh? :) Well I guess I should move on with my afternoon. I'm sure I have something I could be doing.
Tommy "hates upsetting people" Schubert
Visiting the Friedman's was really great. Just what I needed. It's always great seeing Mike and Erin and this visit Gabe was a mostly coherent human being which made things a lot more interesting. It also made me realize that I am DEFINITELY not ready for kids. One thing at a time I think. Though none of my girlfriends have ever believed me, I'm actually in no rush to get married or have kids. Oh well. Not believing the words that come out of my mouth seems to be a theme for my girlfriends.
Mike has lost an insane amount of weight and looks great. Funny what the right intentions and a tub of willpower can do for ya.
Things around the house are actually about to get very interesting here at the beginning of August. Not just because I'll be tuning 34 but because the whole state of the house is about to change.
First: I'll be refinancing the house. The rate I have is around 6% because I bought the house right before the housing bubble burst and the rate we're going to get from the creditor is closer to 3% which would change things a lot. Also, with the new rates and all the other shit going on I should be able to get a light break on my monthly payment. That would be nice.
Second: Matt Zaruba is moving in at the beginning of August. The ultimate plan is to have me, Matt, and someone else (probably Ted) move in. Then we'll turn this place into a home and not just a place I have to share with strangers in order to afford. This is going to probably be the hardest part of the plan. This means I'm going to have to kick someone out this week or next. Not looking forward to it. Though they aren't really roommates they are all good people and I genuinely like them.
Third: When Ted (or someone equally responsible) moves in we'll just have three people in the house. At that point we'll turn the spare room into a second game/TV room. That will make dates a little easier. There's always someone coming into the front room wanting to watch TV or just tag along during dates. Not awesome. We have spare TVs and couches and all kinds of things ready to go. We just need the room open. Most importantly for phase three we'll be sharing more of the house duties. We'll be treating each other like roommates rather than what's going on now. Now I have to pull teeth to get anyone to give a shit about the house. It would be really nice to have someone clean their mess up, or do the dishes, or take out the trash without asking. Also! We're planning on sharing food expenses and cooking for each other. That seems really exciting and could really make a huge deal when it comes to saving money.
Anyway. That's the three tiered plan. Exciting huh? :) Well I guess I should move on with my afternoon. I'm sure I have something I could be doing.
Tommy "hates upsetting people" Schubert
Comments:
Post a Comment
